The tuition fee along with the cost of living in the US are higher as compared to other countries. The tuition fee is very competitive. What if we tell you that your overall costs in US education can be considerably reduced by scholarships or grants.
Well yes, that’s why we are here to help you. These scholarships in the form of fee waivers are not that easy to avail as the competition is very high. Therefore, we will make sure that your application reflects excellence which will increase your chances of securing the scholarship.
Here are some top secrets tips to help make your US dreams a reality.
- Make a list of scholarships which you qualify for: Do some research and find out the various scholarships for International students. What the requirements are, the deadline, the documents required etc. Make a note of all this somewhere. A google spreadsheet would help.
- Apply at as many places as possible: Be it any course, getting a scholarship is a lot of hard work. Set up a schedule and work on your application as this is very important.
- How to ace your application – Know more about the university or organization. What they are looking for, their mission statement and their values. Incorporate all this in your application. Look at how past scholarship awardees were evaluated. Keep a track of these parameters and keep coming back to your application.
- Get as many Letter of Recommendations as you can: Many scholarships require a Letter of reference or LOR in short. Even if it’s not needed then, you need one at the time of applying to your desired US College or University. The letter should mention how long they have known you and your relationship with them.
Here’s a list of some of the popular government-funded scholarships you can apply as a student
- Foreign Fulbright Student Program
- Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation
- Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Microsoft Scholarships
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship