The USA has one of the world’s largest international student populations. Quality education, flexible curriculum, multicultural environment and a wide horizon of opportunities are just some of the reasons why many students want to study in the US. Apart from that, the United States is not just diverse with courses but also its people who are from all over the world and looking for a better way of life. Here we will discuss the top 8 reasons why you should study in US.
Scholarship to study in the US is also available. The overall cost of education can be considerably reduced by scholarships or grants. These scholarships in the form of fee waivers are not that easy to avail as the competition is very high.
Have you ever wondered what makes education in the United States so popular in the world? Let’s find out more on this-
1. Top Universities – The United States has some of the best and finest Universities in the world which constantly find a place among World University rankings as well. US institutions are well-known for their quality education, high academic standards and are well-supported in terms of student relationships. It is no secret that the degrees awarded by US universities have an excellent international reputation. This is mainly because of the high academic standards and rigorous requirements that are instilled in the students. According to QS World Ranking 2019, 33 of the top 100 universities in the world are from the United States. As per Times Higher Education Ranking, 7 American Universities have been ranked in its top 10 list of universities.
2. Flexible Curriculum – American colleges and universities offer some of the most diverse courses a student can choose from. Not only that, the students can choose the course content but also the structure. In your first year of graduation, you can pursue different courses before declaring your major at the end of the second year. This way, you can take time in exploring your interests and decide with a lot of time in your hand. Along with the curriculum, the methods of American education are also quite flexible which will help in the overall development of the student. For example, liberal arts coursework for an undergraduate program will include classes in languages and mathematics, but you will be given a wide variety of classes that fit those requirements, and the freedom to decide which classes best match your interests.
3. Teaching, Research and Training – Study in the USA helps students gain valuable research and training through its various assistantship programs available. Apart from imparting theoretical knowledge, this practical training and experience will be extremely useful for those who plan to make their careers in teaching and research.
4. Breakthrough Technology – In terms of technology and scientific techniques, US institutions are world leaders undoubtedly as their aim is to provide students with the latest technology in science, engineering and other fields. Coupled with this knowledge, the graduates are work-ready with appropriate skills and expertise.
Being world technology’s hotspot, the US institutions provide access to companies and people who are behind these latest technologies. Often, these companies allow students to use these cutting-edge resources and technology, that too free of charge, to admitted students. This makes the US one of the best study destinations in the world for students to major in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects because of the emphasis on research and development in these areas.
5. Career Growth and Success – Companies nowadays are looking for a medley of knowledge, adaptability and experience in their prospective employees. Your education in the US will enhance your self-confidence, independence and cross-cultural skills which are in high demand with employers all around the world.
Study in USA will also hone your communication skills and will make you independent, mature and more patient. All these qualities will help you in your career growth and also in getting a job that you are most passionate about. With a flexible study-work arrangement, you can study while getting practical experience of working at the same time. US Colleges allow on-campus work for up to 20 hours per week or 12 months of curricular practical training (CPT) during the study and 12 months of optional post-study practical training (OPT). Some undergraduate courses require internships which look great on a CV and also helps in gaining practical experience in your field of study. This will give you an edge over other students while applying for a job after getting your degree.
6. American Campus Life – A US classroom will have people from different cultures, races and ethnicities. This diversity will add another dimension to your overall experience of studying in the US. You will also get to learn a lot from these new perspectives and ideas from your classmates who are from all around the world. Studying in the midst of different cultures will make it an enriching and stimulating experience for all students. Study in the USA is also another way to nurture your openness to different cultures and how all communities are the same.
US campus life offers an experience which is matchless as whatever course or University you decide to study in, you will be in the midst of a multicultural hub. Embrace different cultures and open yourself up to new ideas and new people.
7. Support Services to Foreign Students – International students initially do face struggles in day-to-day issues. Adapting to a culturally and academically different environment can be daunting, but the international student office will be an invaluable source of information. American Universities will come to your rescue and will navigate your way through the wide range of services they provide. From an academic query to getting accustomed to a new lifestyle, the American Universities conduct regular orientation programs, workshops and training to offer assistance. Not only this, but the international student office will also be there to assist you round the clock. Don’t feel alone as they will leave no stone upturned in making your transition to academic and cultural life in the US smoother and as comfortable as possible.
8. Excellent Work Opportunities – This international exposure will give an edge over other students, thereby, a marketable commodity in the job market. Companies nowadays are looking for this medley of knowledge, adaptability and experience in their prospective employees. Your study in the US will enhance your self-confidence, independence and cross-cultural skills which are in high demand with employers all around the world.