Your offer letter is with you, visa approval is done but what about packing all the essential things before you take your flight to the US?
Here is a comprehensive checklist of how to organise your packing and make sure you don’t forget anything! Use this as a reference guide-
- Make sure you have soft copies of documents.
- Keep backup of all important and emergency contact details in a document.
- Don’t forget to check your flight’s weight restrictions
- Pre-arrange for your airport pick-ups and drops in home and host country both.
- Download any online calling app to contact your family and friends using Wi-Fi.
- Use a luggage tag or something to make it identifiable.
Let’s move on to the carry-on luggage
- Your passport, visa and university enrolment letter should be easily traceable
- After getting your boarding pass, keep it safely in your wallet or handbag.
- Always keep extra money (US currency)
- If you have any allergies or medical issues, keep your prescription medicines handy.
- Keep your phone, charger and powerbank as well in the handbag since the journey would be long.
- One or two extra pairs of clothes just for emergencies.
- A book or Kindle for the journey. Don’t forget your headphones.
- Mask, face wipes and hand sanitiser are a must now.
- Woolen clothes
- A digital copy of all your important documents.
- Toiletries including sanitary pads, contact lenses etc.
- A first- aid kit
- Souvenirs for the host family, if you are staying with one.
- Umbrella for sun/rain.
- A pair of shoes.
- Extra money for emergencies.
- A language dictionary and travel guide in the US.
- Any books that you might require for your studies.